When you need to express your feelings but can’t find the “right” words, music is that friend who could speak for you.
As we celebrate Valentine’s Day, allow music to help you navigate and communicate your emotions to your loved one, whether you’re declaring your undying love, recommitting, or trying to ignite that flame.
D’Music curated a playlist of Reggae Love Songs – after all, we’re also celebrating Reggae Month – with lyrics that will help you do just that.
Check out these lines from Reggae Love Songs:
1. “When we’re together. My heart feels so much better. Girl, I need you and that’s no lie.
Words of affirmation are one of the primary love languages, and with words like these from Pressure in her single “Love and Affection,” your partner won’t have to wonder where they stand.
2. Reggae crooner Beres Hammond reminds us to live in the moment and celebrate the love you now have with your partner with his hit single “She Loves Me Now”: “She loves me now. And that just means I can’t complain. She loves me now. And I have to admit, I feel the same.
If you’ve waited a while to make your relationship a reality, these words can be even more meaningful.
3. “When I find that girl. I’ll lock her up. I swear that girl will be the only one for me.
If you haven’t found “that” girl this Valentine’s Day, then you might have better luck next year after serenading with the lyrics to Jah Cure’s 2015 hit, “That Girl.”
4. Telling your partner how you want to be loved is a great way to strengthen your relationship. But if you have a little trouble expressing that, trust Buju Banton.
His song “Wanna be Loved” should give some insight: “I want to be loved, not for who you think I am or what you want me to be. Could you love me for me?”
5. Win your partner back using these lyrics from Singing Melody’s “Want You Back”: “Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn’t mean it. I just want you back for good. Whenever I’m wrong, just tell me the song and I’ll sing it. You will be right and understood.
6. Give your partner a hint of your Valentine’s Day plans by covering Sanchez’s classic “Sometimes” in which he exclaims, “All I really want is to hold you, treat you right, be with you day and night”.
It can’t be simpler than that.
7. Tell your partner how you see her with some lyrics from “She’s Royal” by Tarrus Riley. Let her know how you will continue to treat her “like a man is supposed to. You’ll never have to cry, no.
8. “Baby you’re all I want when you’re lying here in my arms. I can’t believe we’re in heaven.
Nothing compares to the feeling of being with the person you love on the day meant to celebrate love. Da’ville compares this feeling to heaven in his song “In Heaven,” and we agree.
9. “I’m connected to you girl, I can feel your power because it just connects to me. Amma, be your galaxy, you’re gonna be my world. Don’t move unless you say okay.”
Jah Cure captures the emotions of love and commitment in his song “Nothing”; reconnect with your significant other this valentine’s day with the lyrics to this song.
ten. “Your love is my love. And my love is your love. It would take forever to break us. It would take all the stars just to hold us.
Celebrate and recommit to each other this Valentine’s Day with this remix of Whitney Houston’s “Your Love Is My Love” by reggae singer Terry Linen.